Been working hard in the studio and ready to show off your skills? Come Perform in our Winter 2015 student showcase!
Check out a video from our showcase earlier this year!
THIS is a CALL FOR CIRCUS PERFORMERS
2015 Winter Showcase
Saturday, December 11th, 2015
Doors open at 7:30pm, show starts at 8:00pm
For those who are seriously interested/committed we have two options:
OPTION #1: Join our core fly/dance GROUP of 12 performers (three groups of four). Complete an 8 week intensive choreography training with two of our professional performers/instructors, Angela Chu & Jem Alvarado, and present a polished main GROUP act on night of our showcase.
Session Cost: $410
- 8 week intensive choreography with two professional aerial performer/instructors.
- 20% Discount on 1 private lesson from 10/09/15 - 12/11/15.
- UNLIMITED OPEN GYM from 10/09/15 - 12/11/15.
- Professional grade costume. (Measurements will be taken prior to receiving costume)
- Sign ups will close the first day of rehearsals.
- NO LATE SIGN UPS ALLOWED. DO NOT WAIT.
- No refunds after rehearsals have started.
Rehearsal Days and Times:
Fridays 6:15 - 8:00pm
(skip the 27th for Thanksgiving)
December 4th - Tech Rehearsal; all students in FULL costume, room is set up with lighting and a run-through of the lineup is completed.
OPTION #2: Perform your own act! Audition either by sending in a video to firstname.lastname@example.org or presenting to Jem or Angela during an agreed scheduled time. We will take solos, duets, and groups acts (3 - 4 people) consisting of aerial silks, lyra, rope, trapeze, acroyoga, contortion, and dance. This is going to be on a first come, first serve basis - no favoritism. Due by November 13th.
*Prerequisites for option 2 : participation in our past showcases
If you have questions or are interested in learning MORE about this showcase, please attend an informational meeting during one of the following dates & times (THIS IS FREE and there will be snacks):
Monday, September 28th @ 7:45pm OR Friday, October 2nd @ 7:30pm
We are also looking for volunteers to help: MC/comedic transition/acting, decorations, concessions/ticket sales, clean up crew and rigging/stage management.
Lastly, along with this showcase there are two wonderful workshops you will have the opportunity to receive a 10% discount on:
- Bridging the Gap: From Amateur to Professional with Rachel Strickland - November 7th // 5:00 - 8:00pm
- Professional Aerial Photoshoot with Elle Aime Photography - December 5th // Between 5:00 - 10:00pm (Contact Anastasia to schedule a spot, as spots are limited.)
Please email us with any questions, opinions, and/or epiphanies: email@example.com or give us a call at (415) 658-7988.
*All payments are non-refundable, but may be converted into Aerial Artique account credit (minus a $15 processing fee) if cancellation is received more than 72 hours before workshop.