This workshop is designed for people who are working towards performing (professionally or for fun), and is targeted at aerialists who want to be challenged outside of the typical aerial class structure. We will approach artistry from 2 different perspectives. 'Artistry technique' will focus on choreography, transitions,style, musicality, and technique. 'Artistry self-expression' will focus on emotional connection, dynamics, character, and connecting with yourself, your apparatus, and your audience.
Leave your linear training at home, and find your aerial artistry here.
- You must already have a regular training practice and a solid foundation of the basics on your apparatus of choice.
- You must choose 1 apparatus to work with for the duration of the workshop.
- Before the workshop, you will need to choose 2-5 skills on your apparatus of choice to work with during the week. It can be a short sequence or just separate tricks. The skills must be easeful for you to execute without thinking. They should not be difficult. Leave your difficult/dangerous tricks at home for you to apply the work to after the workshop.
- If you are at the beginner/intermediate level with aerial skills, you are still welcome to join. You DO NOT need to be an advanced aerialist. You DO need to be able to safely and easily execute your chosen 2-5 skills before you arrive.
- You must be excited to advance your technical and stylistic execution, develop transitions, musicality, and your unique style, and be willing to dive into the hidden, juicy places of self-expression.
This is a multi-weekend workshop. The group will be meeting the weekends of August 11th & August 18th.
The days and times are as follows:
Saturday 4:00-9:30 (a 30 minute break is included)
This is not a silks only workshop. Other apparatuses will be welcomed on the condition that two people request to work on that specific apparatus. Please email email@example.com to request any apparatus outside of silks.
This will be counted as a pre-req for soloists interested performing in upcoming showcases!
*All payments are non-refundable, but may be converted into Aerial Artique account credit (minus a $15 processing fee) if cancellation is received more than 72 hours before workshop.